Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sad Day



I was happy when Jamie, Brian, Kali, Caleb, and Emeline lived only 30 minutes away. With the John Astles and Weavers so far away, the Austins weren't just our kids and grandkids, they were also surrogates for the others.














They came to dinner many Sundays. As well as spending Memorial Days, birthdays, Mirror Lake Days, and all the other get-togethers with us.




























I was sad when Brian was laid off from his job last summer. Most of us younger than about 65 have been through that.

I was happy when he found a promising job that he likes.










I was sad that the job was to be in Colorado Springs.












I was happy that they were able to sell their home here relatively quickly, especially in today's scary real estate market.











I was happy that they were able to buy a house in Colorado Springs in just one day (after Jamie did her homework on the Internet and with the real estate agent).





I was happy that Jamie and the kids could stay here for a few days.

I was happy that they all were able to spend Thanksgiving with us.








I was sad the day after Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I already had one breakdown, are you trying to make me have another one? Actually, now that our house is kind of put together it feels like a real home and we are starting to feel comfortable here. So when are you guys going to come visit? We have a list of places we have been told we need to visit so you guys will have a fun trip out here, I think.