Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jackson's First T-Ball Practice

Today was Jackson's first T-ball practice. Or, as he told me, "It's not T-ball. It's baseball."

I guess it was also the first day for all of the kids, and Coach Jason, too.













Jason did a great job with the kids. Most of them had no clue what a base was and how to hit the ball. After Jason walked them around and taught them first base, second base, third base, home plate, I heard Jackson say, "Why are there bases?"















By the end of the hour they were batting the ball...















...and running the bases.















They were also catching the ball.















I didn't actually see anyone catch a ball. There was a lot of running and picking up.















Then they learned to throw the ball to first base.















Chieko watched Tanner...















Who made a beeline...















...for the playground.

It was a fun hour, and the kids learned a lot and had fun. Their first game is on Monday. The pressure's on. Go Red Sox!

I've uploaded some pictures of kids who aren't all Jackson and Tanner to my gallery at http://gallery.mac.com/michaelastle. Email me for the user name and password. You can share the user name and password among the parents and use this space to share pictures throughout the T-ball season if you want.



No comments: