Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pioneer Day

Pioneer Day started with a little kayaking at Jordanelle. I haven't been for at least three years, maybe a lot more, and my shoulders are feeling it today--muscle burn and sunburn. I started at Rock Cliff, paddled to the main body of the lake against a little headwind, crossed the channel as fast as my arms would pull to avoid being run over by a ski boat or wave runner--4.7 mph against the wind--and looped back with the wind, about six miles total.















I also swam a little bit. The water is warm. The boat has two hatches that seal with rubber gaskets, which have completely rotted over the years. No one had gaskets, so I used man's best friend: duct tape, with some electrician's rubber sealing tape. That worked just fine.

In the evening we had a barbecue, kiddie pools (2), and fireworks at Dad's, but I forgot to take my camera.


No comments: