Monday, September 7, 2009

Annual Labor Day Picnic

Despite early weather forecasts calling for lightning and rain on Labor Day, our annual Mirror Lake tin-foil-diner cookout went off with great weather--just blue sky, puffy clouds, and a chilly breeze.


















Groups showed up at three or four different times, which worked out just right for cooking in shifts without anyone having to wait for their dinner.















The kids had hot dogs, the grownups tin-foil dinners. Later, when Jordan and Andrea showed up, some of the adults also ate Jordan's hot dogs with Jordan's South Carolina mustard barbecue sauce. Yum.















Dad eating his tin-foil dinner. I hope he enjoyed the day without too much loneliness.





















If this is what you call "time-out," I'm going to get into trouble more often. "I want a cookie. I want a cookie. I want a cookie. I want..."















If you correctly guess who owns these smokey toes, you win a Kirtland Chocolate Macademia Nut Carmel Cluster Stuffed Toasted Marshmallow.















Here's the Mirror Lake Walk gang, minus Chieko, who walked so fast she was back to the start by the time we stopped for this picture; me, who was behind the camera; and Andrea's and Spencer's groups, which came too late for the walk. So about half the gang.


1 comment:

Heather said...

That was a great day! I haven't had that perfect of a tin-foil dinner in a long time. It was cooked just right. I love your pictures and I hope I am the first to tell you that it is Jennifer's smokey toes because I want that Macademia Nut Chocolate-Caramel Smore!!!!