Thursday, June 9, 2011

John and Misa's House

Here's the best tour I can give of John and Misa's house in Branford, Connecticut.
From the street.


This is what the backyard looks like out the kitchen window. Beyond these trees are more trees and various creatures of the dark.



This is the backyard looking from the north.



This is the south side yard. There's also a good-size shed just to the right (not shown in any pictures).



This is looking south from the back of the garage.



This is the north side of the house looking at the back of the garage. I don't know why I took so many views of the backyard, especially when it's so small.



The living room looking from the south wall.



The kitchen looking from the dining area.



The dining area, looking from the kitchen.



Hallway.



Does this room need a label?



Kids' bedroom on the front of the house.



Same kids' bedroom on the front of the house looking in from the door.



Kids' bedroom on the back of the house.




Same kids' bedroom on the back of the house. At first I thought this room didn't have a closet, but I found it when I closed the room door.



The master bedroom on the front of the house.



The master bedroom. I hope John and Misa don't mind that I slept in it last night. I bought a sleeping bag and a bath towel at a Target in Pennsylvania. I didn't realize the floors are all hardwood, and I was too tired to find a mattress in the truck. I was also too tired to let the hard floor bother me--I slept from 11:30 to 6:30 without moving from my original position.



The guest bedroom.



A view of the guest bedroom from the other direction. Notice the heating oil (or oal, as the guy in the truck stop said it) tank in the corner under the stairs. We're not used to these in the West, where natural gas is the dominant home energy fuel.



The two-car garage. Looks like they also now have two lawn mowers. They do have a large area to mow, but I'm not sure I would call it lawn. It's even more rough than Texas grass.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What was that room with the toilet in it?

Mick and Tiff said...

Thanks for the tour of their house. Congrats to John and Misa! Have a safe road trip.