Saturday, July 25, 2015

South Fork of the Weber River

It's the day after the 24th of July, a Saturday. The Austins, Mialisa Astles and we joined the Weavers and Simmonses, who camped over Friday night near Huntsville for a day of water fun. We were planning to meet at Pineview Reservoir, but some wake board competition was going on. Of course a holiday weekend is the perfect time to schedule such an event, that pretty much closes the beach for everyone else. So we met instead at the South Fork of the Weber River campground on the road to Monte Cristo.

I have to say that I think this was a lot more enjoyable than the Cemetery Point Beach anyway. We had a nice river, shade trees and a lot of fun.



Jared taking the kids over the rapids and down the river. This is just before they ran me over and knocked me into the water onto a rock that hit the same spot on my tailbone that I broke in the Fire Hole River in Yellowstone over the 4th of July. 



This is just before Mick and the kids ran me over. Guess I didn't pick my position too well. 




The kids going by themselves. 



With me. 



And over the rapids. 



This moose was hanging out at the spot where we took the boat out of the river. 



On the beach. 



Someone brought squirt toys, and Wells and Annie thought I looked like a good target. 



Hanging around in the lagoon. 



Wells. 



Heading down the rapids. 



Jackson lost his float toy and had to chase it down. 



More kids over the rapids. 



And more. 



And more. 































The grandkids who were there today. 



This is focused on the front of the boat just as it ran me over and knocked me backwards into the river. Someone seems surprised but is also laughing. Hmmmm. 



No comments: