Monday, September 7, 2015

Mirror Lake Labor Day 2015

Another year, another Labor Day, another beautiful day at Mirror Lake.

Here are some pictures. I took photos of some of the people at the picnic, but I didn't even try to get everyone, just whoever was in front of the camera as I sat in my camp chair. My apologies to all whose photos aren't here. You just didn't happen to be in front of me.

Here's pretty much the whole group that was here today. 



Dad and Owen. 



Brian, Kali and Caleb went backpacking to a lake about five miles away last night and joined us for the cookout. Their backpacking trip is also becoming somewhat of a tradition. 



Jamie cooking a hotdog, which is not the traditional fare, but hotdogs, Subway sandwiches and chicken are not uncommon at this annual outing. 



Tinfoil dinners are the tradition. We used to call these "hobo dinners," but I'm not sure whether that's politically correct. Hobos may not like people thinking they hang out at Mirror Lake with family and cook hamburger, onions, potatoes, carrots and cream of mushroom soup over hot coals this way. 



Just a few snapshots follow. This is Cecil. 



Mick. 



Ryan.



Jennifer.



And the whole picnic group. Well, some of them. Others were kayaking at the lake. 



No comments: