Sunday, April 3, 2016

I Like My Bike

Bianchi is the oldest bike maker in the world. This 2015 model celebrates the company's 130th birthday. 

I love riding my bike. 



Especially on roads with no cars. Cows are okay. 



I would get a Bianchi only in the traditional Celeste color. 



It has a comfortable geometry for long rides. 



And though it doest have the latest Countervail technology, it does use kevlar in the carbon fiber frame to dampen vibration, which, considering I don't ride on cobblestone or notorious British roads, is perfect for me. The Continental Gator Hardshell tires are necessary for the numerous goat head thorns on the Jordan River and Legacy Parkway trails. I still get flats, but infrequently. 



The Intenso model. 



Bianchi was started by Edoardo Bianchi, a medical instrument maker, in 1885. He also invented the front caliber brake, which, 130 years later, is just starting to give way to disc brakes. 



The Ultegra groupset is built by Shimano. 



Joe Cool. 



At my West Office. 





No comments: