Saturday, July 9, 2016

Uintas Bald Mountain Hike

I have to hike Bald Mountain at least once each summer just to see if I'm still alive. 2016: Passed.

I'm just happy to be at the top. 11,943 feet, after a 1,250-foot gain in 2 miles. This is the highest peak in the Western Uintas. Kings Peak at 13,534 feet in the Eastern Uintas is the highest peak in Utah.



Even on July 9 the trail is still slightly blocked by a snow bank, but it's slowly dripping away. 



This is a view of the parking lot from partway up the trail. My car is the maroon Sequoia in the far right of the second-to-back row. 



Looking east from the top with Mirror Lake in the foreground to the left. 



View of the sky to the west. 



Looking east through a split in the cliff. 






Mountain flowers grow in almost every crack they can find. 

















This is a short but not very good video of the hike. I seldom use my GoPro, and I clearly need practice. 

No comments: