Saturday, February 23, 2008

Speed Skating

On February 9 Chieko and I went to the World Speedskating competition at the Olympic Oval in Kearns. It was at the same time as the World Leadership Training at our stake, so I attended Randy's stake's training in the morning (nobody from his family was there, so I didn't take up any extra seats).

We had a lot of fun. Kind of like mini-Olympics, with all the famous names, of which I only know Apolo Anton Ohno. The Chinese and Koreans are pretty strong in this sport. But so is the United States.

In between the races, the Utah Olympic mascots came around and encouraged people to yell and cheer, and in return they threw T-shirts into the stands. We were on the second row, and I said to Chieko, "It's silly to yell, because you yell your heart out and they throw the shirts way up into the stands behind us." Then one mascot stood next to me, and somehow I ended up in a yelling-toward-the-mascot contest with the kid in front of us. And the mascot sort of dropped a shirt between Chieko and me. It landed in Chieko's lap, but since it's a size XL, I ended up with it.

Here's a minute of the three hours of action.


Pause the music in the black Playlist box to the right.

1 comment:

Mick and Tiff said...

Thanks for the video. I had to laugh everytime they crashed into the wall. (I know, not very nice) I love Apollo. Eversince I saw him at the Olympics I feel like we are real friends....