Monday, March 3, 2008

What I Do at Work

People always ask me what I do for a living. Here's the answer:



Here's a video that shows what we really do. This is a promotional video for our group. These are my coworkers.



And this is a video that we shot in New York with our research partner. It features research that our company sponsored and I managed. I also outlined the script, identified the key topics, helped direct the video with our producers. And if you look quickly, I have a cameo appearance.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

The last two videos were way over my head but I enjoyed the first one. Your dead-man-pose was very CSI.

Unknown said...

Hey, can you give me the direct link to that last video? It's on youtube, right?

MAstle said...

The first video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ntc37enUo. The second video is only posted internally at Cisco. The third (last) video will be posted on March 6. I'll get the URL when it's posted, most likely at a Cisco.com address.

Bill Gates II said...

That's really interesting stuff you're working on, Dad. Having worked in several different labs (and other random jobs growing up), I realize how important a collaborative work environment is, but if you were to ask me what the keys to good collaboration are, I wouldn't know what to say (other than general stuff like respect, communication, etc.). It's cool that you guys are trying to define/discover/identify more concrete ways/rules for effective collaboration (like GlaxoSmithCline's idea to physically put people of diffdering hierarchical levels together is pretty creative).