Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year


Fall is my favorite season. I love the crisp air and changing leaves and the smells all this brings. My favorite place to go in the fall is the mountains. The Uintas in particular.


I spent most of Saturday, the first day of the deer hunt, hiking and driving along the Mirror Lake Highway. I saw a lot of hunters but heard only one shot all day. Near Christmas Meadows was a family of deer grazing peacefully. I parked very close and they didn't seem to mind.






I met a family of pine cones enjoying a post-picnic siesta in the sunshine.












All the forest creatures were in quite a pleasant mood that day.
























Mr. Beaver got a little spooked when he tried to take a bite out of Miss Aspen and her two brothers showed up. So Mr. Beaver headed home for the night.


















And a fine night it was.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fall is the best time of year. A cold (sweatshirt cold not snowy cold) overcast October day is my favorite. I actually saw a little snow falling on the way home from work tonight.

Jamie said...

Fall is also my favorite time of year. Too bad we woke up to snow on the ground today =( Bummer.

Heather said...

You should have asked that little pinecone family if they would like to come to my house to play. I am collecting pinecones for Christmas wreaths! You always have some great pictures.