Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Sunday

After dinner and conference we held the first and last annual back deck long jump contest.

















Addy led off. Actually, she was doing just fine, running to jump, when her mother caught her. She might have won if not for the interference.


















Maddison made a very good showing.


















I think Marcus started the whole contest.


















Paul's strategy was to grab the clothesline and swing out for a win, but, alas, there was no clothesline.


















Mick was the most determined, making several impressive jumps, including a pirouette of sorts.



















Very few people can beat Spencer at a competition, and today was no exception.
















Tanner wasn't even there, but I think he has the best way to end the day.

5 comments:

Weavers said...

I'm sad we missed the party! I'm glad Tanner was able make an appearance on your post though. I think you would have won the one legged jumping contest, if there was one.

Jamie said...

Why is it the first AND last contest? I think you should make it an annual tradition. I'm glad everyone still got together for conference. So sad we weren't there.

Unknown said...

I would have dominated that contest. We tried to go, but got lost on the way.

Unknown said...

This is perfect evidence that we have a competitive family. Well, that and everyone likes to have fun.

Jennifer said...

What do you mean last??? I think this could be the start of something... I am working on my jumping skills. WATCH OUT SPENCER!!!(luckily he doesn't read blogs, right?!)