Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mirror Lake: Closed for the Winter

I was thinking about going fishing in the Uintas next weekend, hoping that the big snow we had last week was local to the Salt Lake Valley. I was right about the localized snow--the Uintas didn't get nearly as much--but they got enough. Although a sign and a big barrier said the road was closed for the winter, it was plowed and mostly dry, probably all the way to Evanston. But someone forgot to plow the lakes.


Butterfly Lake. Mirror Lake looked similar, but I couldn't get close enough for a decent picture.











Upper Provo River Falls



















I always find the aspens intriguing.













This pretty much tells the story of the campgrounds.







Looking west from above Jordanelle. Timpanogos is on the left.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The day before I drove to Colorado, almost exactly a year ago, I was up there to go fishing and ran into the same thing.

Weavers said...

Do you have your nature pictures up where I can print them off at costco? I'm thinkig that's some great art for our downstairs...

Bill Gates II said...

Those pictures are so pretty. Wish we were there!

5Kgoatgirl said...

Love the photos - I am glad the snow is there though and not here. Ours will come soon enough - probably only for a day or so but we still get some.