Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sledding on Saturday

Murray Park has a great sledding hill. But don't call it "sleigh riding" because: 1) that's what you do behind a horse, and 2) it shows that you're old, or so I've been told.













This is the hilltop support crew.















You should start by showing your three-year-old how much fun it is to wipe out.















Caroline.


These pictures are in no particular order, because when you're sledding, everything is happening at once.














Caleb





















The director and hot chocolate dispenser.















Who needs a sled?





















Safety first: "Everyone, close your eyes so we don't crash."















When up is down. Watching Jennifer try to coax two kids up the slippery hill is kind of reminiscent of a certain ice storm in Arkansas.















Jared and Jackson catch some air.















More air with Tanner. Jared must have a tough tail bone; these landings are hard.















Jennifer, Stanton and Caroline.





















John, Mei (trust me) and Elliot.















Kali the daredevil.



















After the bottom-of-the-hill crash.















Brian and Kali.





















Lily.















Caroline and Mei.















Mick and Addy.















Ready, set, go!















Don't get sideways.















Marcus catches air.















Tanner.















Jackson and Elliot, together we can.















Jared, squeezed Tanner, Sara, Jackson.

I have more pictures, but if you want to see them or get copies, I'll have to put them on a CD or something.


3 comments:

5Kgoatgirl said...

I loved all the photos...we missed out! I would love a CD of them. Is this where I order?
I also love how Jennifer and Stanton wear helmets w/ nonhelmet kids so they can crush other people's skulls when the crash.

Jamie said...

Amy has a point. Next year, if I crash into Jennifer and I get a head injury from her helmet, is she responsible?

Unknown said...

Who is responsible if the photographer gets hit by a sled? Kali and I almost ran over Michael while he was taking pictures of Marcus.