Saturday, January 3, 2009

Snow Play

Anyone who didn't play in the new snow today must be crazy. This had to be the most beautiful winter day so far this year. Fresh snow, sunshine, low temperatures, but not too low.


















Snowmobiling is wildly popular, but luckily these guys stay on the groomed trails on the south side of the road and beyond the gate (about 15 miles up the canyon from Kamas) to the east.

Snowshoeing and skiing on the north side of the road is very peaceful.





No one was around to take my picture, so I had to take this video myself of myself snowshoeing in.





















Gotta enjoy the aspens.





















And the Christmas trees.





















Even though it snowed last night, the sun was out, and the sky was blue.















The snow was mostly undisturbed.





















A few people were snowshoeing and cross-country skiing, but not many. I was surprised to follow my own footsteps back to the parking lot when I headed home. No one had followed the same path.


2 comments:

5Kgoatgirl said...

That is too funny how you made the ghost snow shoer!

Unknown said...

He was wearing winter snow camo. We were crazy and not playing in the snow. Instead we decided to drive I-80 all day. Rock Springs to Rawlins :P to that.