Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rabbit Hunting

Randy works with a guy at eBay who went rabbit hunting last week by Bear Lake and came home with about 20 rabbits. We decided shooting some bunnies would be a good way to try out the new Toyota Sequoia, and I wouldn't mind having some wild rabbit stew in the freezer (I don't think Chieko feels the same, but that's ok). (I took only two pictures, so most of these are Randy's.)
Bear Lake had a couple of cold-looking fishermen.



The Sequoia with a new set of Michelin LTX A/T2 tires passed its first off-road test just fine.



The picture above is in a parking lot next to Bear Lake. We also forged our own path in new snow on roads near South Eden Reservoir. The prints in the foreground are from an invisible bunny.



The hunting season ends when February does, so this is probably the only day we'll hunt this year. I scared up one cottontail, but with gloves on I couldn't find the safety on my gun fast enough to get off a shot before the rabbit shot up a hill in Randy's general direction. Randy got off one shot into a tree. And that was the extent of our rabbit hunt.



Where did all the rabbits go?



We watched this golden eagle hobble up a hill. He seemed to be injured.

And that's my report.

PS Before I left at 6 a.m. Saturday morning, I sold the tires that were originally on the Sequoia to a guy for a $100 bill. And while I was gone, Chieko sold the Tahoe to a Polynesian lady for $2,000 cash. The lady came back today to get the title and so I could get my license plates, but I never even found out her name.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Does rabbit taste good?

Unknown said...

Rabbit is good stuff. No lie.

MAstle said...

Similar to cat.