Sunday, September 28, 2008

33 Years

Chieko and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary in one of our favorite places: Grand Teton National Park and Bar J Chuckwagon. The weather was ideal: highs in the 70s and lows at night in the low 30s. Blue skies, relatively few people, the Bar J, dinner at Nora's Fish Creek Inn in Wilson, breakfast at D.O.G.'s, lunch at Bubba's, a visit to the new Lawrence Rockefeller Preserve center--next year we plan to hike one of the new trails through what used to be the Rockefeller's J-Y Ranch, where Chieko worked for two summers while going to Utah State. It was perfect.



Dinner at Nora's Fish Creek Inn. I can't figure out if the motif is Western, pool room, hippy, fusion, but the food is really good (curry fish soup, pine nut- and oat-crusted halibut with acorn squash, baked potato, and curry bread--the unique flavor such as curry changes from season to season).

If you enjoyed the Bar J Wranglers before Babe retired, you would have enjoyed this. On this last performance of the season, he made a cameo appearance.








Bar J patrons.

















Cowpokes.









Jackson Lake.













The Ansel Adams view from the Snake River viewpoint.














Inspiration Point trail above Jenny Lake.














The horse ranch I'd like to own.











Oxbow turnout near Jackson Lake Lodge.











Isn't autumn a great time to see the Tetons?







A cabin I might be able to afford, but I'd have to move it to some land more in my price range.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some terrific pictures. I have one of Jamie that looks just like the one with Chieko above Jenny Lake we took during our honeymoon. Can I have a copy of the one labeled "Ansel Adams view from the Snake River viewpoint?"

Jamie said...

Happy anniversary. Looks like the perfect place to celebrate!

MAstle said...

Some full-size pictures are in my gallery. Click on the link under Pictures to Download on this blog's main page. You need a password. Email me for it. Then open the last Last Import folder.

Weavers said...

Sounds like perfect weather for Jackson. I loved going in the fall with the crisp clean air and the beatiful trees. Happy Anniversary!! We love you!

Mick and Tiff said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like a great trip. Makes me think I need to plan another trip up there.

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!! That is a great place for you two to spend you anniversary. Those pictures are so pretty they look just like the ones I get from Jason's cousin. I love the picture with the horses in it! Good thing you left Jackson though because they are getting snow this weekend!